Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome Back!

Welcome Back! I hope all of you had a great summer and are ready for a great school year. I would like to also say welcome to all of the new teachers in the district. We are happy to have you join the best teaching staff in the state of Michigan.

As you can see, I gave the site a face lift over vacation and did post some new things while you were away. Take a look at the archive and see if there is anything you might want to use in your classroom. I plan on having a busy blog schedule this year with tons of new sites to share and how to videos for you to watch.

It is very important that this blog is interactive as much as possible. I was flying blind much of last year as I posted random sites that I thought were helpful to different content areas. The more feedback I receive on the blog about things you are looking for, the more I can help you find the best site that fits your needs. Feel free to contact me by leaving a comment in a blog post so I can get back to you with your questions.

New South Teachers: I will try to organize something sooner to get you started with your website and any other tech questions you might have about the equipment you have in your room. Please introduce yourself so we can get started.

I'm really excited to get started this year! I have some great projects in the works. One involves a live Skype co-production of Rome and Juliet with a school from Iowa! Check out this post for more information. I'm also going to be experimenting with live class blogging and tweeting. If you are interested in jumping on board the tech train, please let me know. The more teachers we have using Web2.0 tools, the more prepared our students will be for college and the job market. 

- Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment