Monday, April 1, 2013

Tech Tutorials

I hope everyone is rested for the rest of the school year. I took all of the information from the people that filled out the form and I put together a schedule that I hope will meet the needs of all of the teachers in the building. If these times do not work for you, please email me and we can try and set something up 1:1 so I can help you.

These sessions are designed for teachers that have little to no experience with the tools or those looking for my information on how to incorporate these into the class. If you are a more advanced user and want to stop by and offer some help, you are welcome as well.

The only thing you need to do is send me an email the day before to let me know you will be stopping by and I will be waiting in my room to help you. Even it is one person, these tech tutorials will be happening.

If you have any questions, please drop me a note or send me an email and I will be happy to answer them for you.

All sessions will be in room 292.

Livescribe Pens 

Tuesday April 9 - Thursday April 11

Mornings 7:00 - 7:45
Both Lunches
After School 3:30 - 4:15

I will show you how I have used the Livescribe pen and how they can be used in class. Here is some information you can use before we meet if you have some questions on what a Livescribe Pen is and how to use it.

Evernote 

Tuesday April 16 - Thursday April 18

Mornings 7:00 - 7:45
Both Lunches
After School 3:30 - 4:15

This tutorial will be about the different ways that Evernote can be used in the classroom for students or for teachers as a lesson planner. This is also a free app that can be downloaded on your personal devices if you want to get a head start. We will be using the iPads for this tutorial, so everyone will have access to Evernote. Here is some more information on Evernote to get you started.

Google Docs

Wednesday April 24 and Thursday April 25

Mornings 7:00 - 7:45
Both Lunches
After School 3:30 - 4:15

This tutorial will be the basics of how to use Google Docs. I will show you the different ways you can use it as a teacher and how you can share documents quickly with other teachers and students. Here is some more information on all of Google Apps.

Blogger

Tuesday April 30 - Thursday May 2

Mornings 7:00 - 7:45
Both Lunches
After School 3:30 - 4:15

This tutorial will show teachers how they can have students set up Blogs using Blogger and how they can be used to cut down on the paper in their classroom. This blog uses blogger and many other sites use Blogger and their blogging platform. Here is some more information on using Blogger.

I'm really excited to share these great tools with you and hopefully see you integrate them into your classroom. My students have really responded positively to these additions to my classroom and they have made my days much easier.

I hope to see many of you in 292!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment