Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tech Tuesday for October 25th

Happy Tech Tuesday! Here are two sites I think you will find very helpful this year. Take a look and give them a try.

NRich

This is a Math site geared toward making Math more engaging with various lessons. They offer games and lessons that work on Interactive Whiteboards. Resources are broken into 4 groups. K-5, 2-8, 5-10 and 11 and 12. Do some digging around to find the lesson that best fit your class.

Boxify.me

I love this quick and simple file sharing site. No sign up is required. Simply upload the files you want and share the unique URL with the people you want to have access to the files. You can actually give your own title to the web address to kids will have an easier time remembering.

I cannot wait to use this in my class. This will allow me to share any files I want with my students and they can access them from any web-enabled device.  As the district moves more towards allowing students to bring in their own devices, sites like this will be important for teachers to use so they can easily and quickly share documents with students.

Give this site a try.

I hope everyone has a great week. I will be out of district at a conference next week, so I will not be able to send out the Tech Tuesday. I will be back in November. Until the, I encourage you to do some Google searches and see if you can find some great sites to share with the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment