Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Tech Tuesday February 28

Happy Tech Tuesday everyone. Here are some goodies I wanted to share with you this week.

Edcamp Detroit

Last year, I organized an unconference at Wayne State University and it was a huge hit! I'm happy to say that Edcamp Detroit will be back at Wayne State on Saturday May 5th. You can checkout our website at EdCampDetroit.org or click here to be taken directly to registration. Act now because there are only 93 tickets left!

We have worked very hard to get even more sponsors and predict that space will fill up fast, so be sure to lock down your spot as soon as possible. Like last year, this conference will be free for all who attend and we will be looking to live stream many of the sessions for those who cannot make it in person but want to watch at home. I have been to 3 different EdCamps and I have to say it has been one of the best learning experiences I have been part of. There were many GPPSS teachers there sharing and learning with teachers from all over the state. I hope to see them and many new faces at EdCamp Detroit 2012!

GPPSTechGuide

On the right side of the page you will see that I have replaced the @MrProvenzano Twitter feed with a new @GPPSTechGuide Twitter Feed. This feed will be dedicated to sharing resources that come across my twitter feed. I encourage you to join Twitter and follow the new account so you can see some great sites I find. Now, everyday could be Tech Tuesday. It's a dream come true for many of you. :-)

Flisti


Flisti is a quick and easy polling/survey creating site. It's free and doesn't not require sign up or registration. You enter in your question, provide some answer options and create the poll. The poll can be embedded into a webpage. If you are looking for somethign simple to add to your SchoolWires site for parent or students to use for feedback, this is a great option.


Tech Genius Richard Byrne has a blog, Free Technology for Teachers, that is always filled with awesomness. I'm not sure how I mised this great part of his site, but I just noticed it the other day. He has a whole page dedicated to video creation. He covers some great tools and have some videos on how to use YouTube and other services to great awesome videos for your classroom. If you have been considering introducing more video into your classroom, you must check out this page. If video is not your thing, just check out Richard's blog. It is amazing and has something for everyone.

I hope everyone has a great week. Do not forget that I have pages at the top of the blog dedicted to Dropbox, Social Media and other goodies. Check them out.

- Give it a try!

-NP

No comments:

Post a Comment