Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tech Tuesday March 20th

Happy Tech Tuesday and First Day of Spring everyone! I hope you have been leaving your technology indoors and have been enjoying the beautiful weather. I assure you, there is no app for these beautiful days.

I have one really great site to show you today. Let me know if you have any questions.

Apple Update

On Wednesday. Apple announced their new iPad, their new Apple TV and their software update, iOS 5.0.1. If you have an Apple Device, you should consider the update. It does not take very long and has some nice additions. Sorry, no Siri if you do not have a 4S. Here is a great article by Mashable explaining how to update your device. This applies for all iPads, iPhones and iTouches.

iPiccy

iPiccy is a free online photo editing tool. It does not require any registration of sign up. You can upload any photo you want and start to edit it using the tools provided. Here is a quick photo I edited this morning.

 

The picture on the left is the original and is at least 6 years old. The one on the right is the one that I edited this morning in only a few minutes. Notice the brighter colors and better cropping of the photo.

I'm not a photo editing expert. I just played with the settings until I liked what I saw. iPiccy is perfect for photo editing anywhere and anytime. I was able to save the file onto my desktop without any problems.

This could be great for quick photo edits at home or for student projects.

Give it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment