Monday, February 1, 2010

RSS Feeds You Information

Have you ever found a website that you really liked, but don't always have the time to go back and check to see if there are any new articles? Do you visit a website that seems to post new stuff at random intervals? An RSS(Real Simple Syndication ) Feed can save you the time. By setting up a RSS Feed (I use Google) all of my favorite websites are scanned for new articles and stored in a folder. I can now access that information when I have time. It's a great time saver! I found a couple of links that will walk you through how to set up your reader.

Newbie's Guide to Google Reader by Josh Lowensohn is a nice article explaining the wonderful uses of Google Reader.

Google Reader Tour - This is the link to Google's walkthrough.

I like using the RSS Feed because it can help me organize my websites by content (Brit Lit, American Lit, Sports, World News, etc.) and I can look at them when I have time. If you have a smart phone, you can access your feed on the phone and read the articles from anywhere. This is just another tool to add to the box to help keep yourself organized and up-to-date on the latest information.

After setting up your reader, just click on the RSS Feed button on your favorite website, andit will send you the newest articles. Try following your favorite tech teacher.

-Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment